Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mystery Solved ... Sort Of

I  just received the DNA analysis of Beau, and drum roll please … he’s a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier, Keeshond, Shih Tzu mix. Of those three breeds, I was familiar only with Shih Tzus.

Shih Tzus, I know are fairly common, I’ve seen many of them before. One named Tripod lived just up the street from us on Sunset Drive in Alexandria. Tripod as you might guess was missing a leg, I think from a bout of cancer or maybe it was an unfortunate automotive encounter. I never really knew.

But he was a happy pleasant dog who had no idea he was missing a limb. I like to think Beau has similar traits from his ancestry. The other two breeds mentioned in the report, I have no clue about and had never heard of them until I opened the analysis report.

These just aren’t two breeds that roll off the tongue or you point out on the street and say, “Ahhh, yes there goes a Soft-Coated Wheaten, such lovely dogs don’t you think?” or encounter an owner by saying, “Well I see you have Keeshond there, I hear they're pleasant dogs but just a bit barky.”

So, how did these, what I believe to be, relatively obscure dog breeds find each other in the rough-and-tumble world of doggie dating and mingle together to become Beau? This is the new mystery of Beau, and one that will probably never been solved.
 
I’ve always thought he was a pretty unique dog, and this definitely confirms it.

No comments:

Post a Comment